This ornament honors Tulsa's Pedestrian Bridge.
It was built in 1905 as part of the Midland Valley Railroad which offered passenger service from Muskogee to Tulsa and Wichita, KS. The railroad abandoned the bridge in the spring of 1974.
Later that year it was renovated for pedestrian, bicycle and fishing use as part of the urban renewal projects proposed to commemorate Tulsa's 75th anniversary.
The back piece shows the bridge and covered overlook above the Arkansas low-water dam and tiered Blair fountain.
In front, two runners and a person with a dog enjoy the view along the jogging trail.