This ornament honors Philbrook Museum.
The back piece shows the rear of Philbrook with Renaissance era architecture done in the elegant Italian Villa style. Romanesque arches open out to a huge terrace overlooking walled, formal gardens. Fountains, mainucred evergreens and diagonal walks are its focus. Below, a waterfall and rock garden lead to a quiet reflecting pool.
The front piece shows a gazebo and conifers at the eastern edge of the property which looks back to the gardens and museum.
Philbrook was formerly the private residence of Waite and Geniveve Phillips. In 1938, the couple donated it as an art center to the city of Tulsa.